There is confusion in the One Law camp because many teach that pre-conversion to Judaism. (or before the Beit Talmid level) that one is obligated to the law once one gets saved but this goes against the Jerusalem Council ruling that at salvation they don’t have to. The confusion is over when one is obligated to the fullness of the Law. According to Paul it’s upon Circumcision not salvation and not mikvah ha’ruach. Peter and James agree on salvation however of you read the Apostolic Fathers or the Epistles of Peter to James (Jacob) and Jacobs reception, a Gentile convert was given 6 years to be in essence a beit sefer a student of the Chumash under the tutelage of a Rabbi, and if they wanted to study to become a beit Talmid a student to study scroll themselves with the aim of becoming a Shaliach then they would have to be circumcised and go through another immersion and Covenant meal to began study to become a Shaliach. For each new scroll this was done. Kind of a rinse and repeat as necessary? lol if one was found a worthy diligent student they could go on but if not they would have to give the Scroll back. Upon completion of the beit talmid level you could advance to the beit midrash level in which you could become a Shaliach and freely debate and engage in midrash with the other rabbis and Shlichim. However if one choose to stay at beit sefer level they weren’t required conversion, because being a sheep is a valid life choice, not all are called to teach or be shepherds. We can’t have all chiefs and no Indians. The real issue is over when one becomes responsible to all Torah or not. Some One Law teach all who get saved are obligated not understanding the Apostolic period, process or writings. Anywho that is what the followers of Yeshua did. The Matthean community used the book of Matthew as a Lectionary that they canted weekly along with the Torah, this is why the Hebrew Matthew is written in Hebrew poetic rhyme form to make cantilation easy. And the Didache was the manual for Gentile discipleship among the Apostles. Paul and his convert to Judaism Luke abandoned the use of the Didache and didn’t pressure or pursue the beit sefer, to beit Talmid, to beit midrash process. If you read The Ante-Nicene Fathers Vol 7 you can read where Clement heard the Gospel under Barnabas and wanted to go tell the Greeks and Barnabas cautions him and pleads with him to come to Israel to study under Peter. He does and in the end Peter chooses Clement to replace him as a chief Shlichim of the Apostolic movement. That was the tension between Peter, Paul, James and Barnabas, all of the circumcision but debating how and when Gentiles become obligated to Torah. This is where the confusion lies.
Search para-DOX parABLEs
Share This Page With Your Social Network!
Login Using Your Social Network
Enter your WordPress.com blog URL
para-DOX parABLEs Latest Posts
- Vote Today to Help THE BIBLE SERIES Win a Peoples Choice Award
- Exclusive invitation: Win a Kindle Fire
- Pastor Rick Warren on the Connection Between Getting Healthy and Doing Good
- Save Africa (Darfur) Now Promotion Reduced Price [Contribute Now]
- The First Jewish Author in the Americas courtesy of Jewish Treats
- 8,000,000 Israelis can’t live without it.
- International support for Iranian filmmaker Mohammad Rasoulof
- Menorah for 2013 Hanukkah Forever stamp created by Vermont Blacksmith (links to stamp image and blacksmith in email)
- Movie Review: The Bible: The Epic Miniseries on BluRay and DVD
- Movie Review: Monsters University [A Mother's Viewpoint]
- Movie Review: Ip Man: The Final Fight
- 12 Ways To Spice Up Your Thanksgivukkah!
- It Is The End Of The World Declares Billy Graham, John Hagee, Netanyahu, Jonathan Cohn, Bauchman, & Others…!!! Are You Buying It? I’m Not, Why You Shouldn’t!
- Book Review: I Shook Hands With Death by Pastor Mike Robertson #ISHOOKHANDSWITHDEATH @PastorMikeRob
- Free PDF Book: Echoes of His Presence by Ray Vander Laan
- Attention Phoenix-Scottsdale Parents If Your Looking For A Jewish Day School For Your Child, Shalom Montessori Is The School Your Looking For
- Hastening Redemption: Preparing For Mashiach’s Return By Returning All Things To Their Right State Is Our Mission
- Sideswipped At Starbucks #WeirdEncounters #Starbucks
- Messianic Gentiles & Brit Milah: To Do Or Not To Do And Why?
- A Yovel, A Yodel, THE APOCALYPSE and Yemot HaMashiach in 2017, 2025, 2027, 2029, 2030, or 2034!?!? (PART 2 of 2)
Top Posts & Pages
- Daily Prayer Siddur In Hebrew (Nusach Ha-Ari’zal Chabad) | Open Source Siddurim (Full Free Download)
- The Iron-Clade Case For Pre-Adamic Ruin-Reconstruction Gap Theology According To Some Famous Bible Scholars, Rabbi’s And Other Notable Sources! (The World That Then Was Part 4)
- Overcoming A Deaf And Dumb Spirit
- Summary Of "Strongman's His Name What's His Game?" by Jeramiah Giehl
- How To Lead A Messianic Family Shabbat (Shabbat Siddur)
- Movie Review: Ip Man: The Final Fight
- Documentary Review: The Miracle Of Israel (Coming Soon To Your TV)
- Of Pentecostals, Messianics, Montanists, Methodists, Holiness, Puritans, Qaukers And The Baptism Of The Holy Spirit - Let Us All Celebrate Shavuot-Pentecost In One Accord
- Album Review: Propaganda & Odd Thomas "Art Ambidextrous" | Plus Album Download
- The Popularity of Mixed Martial Arts Tournaments & Bruce Lee's Impact on Martial Arts
Donate to para-DOX parABLEs
If you have been blessed by para-DOX parABLEss please consider making a donation to this J.E.M. Stone Ministries, we do this not for profit, we freely give as we were freely given. So if you have been blessed by J.E.M. Stone Ministries please consider giving a donation to so that we can keep bringing you good teaching and entertaining ministry. I have a verified Paypal account if you click the link below you will be taken to a page where you can donate. At the end of the year you will receive a report from paypal or can print out you paypal invoices and show your giving (thus making it taxe deductible).